COVID-19 Policy, Safety Guidelines, Code of Contact
The committees and the Executive Boards of the First There, First Care/Gathering of Eagles Conference, and the Association of Broward County Fire Chiefs care deeply about their members, employees, conference attendees, exhibitors, visitors, and guests. In preparation for this year’s event, our team follows the current government guidelines issued by the CDC, State of Florida, and Broward County regarding the ongoing situation with COVID-19. Ensuring the safety of all remains our top priority. Please see below the link to Broward County’s most current Emergency Order information. Final changes will be posted on the website for all attendees and exhibitors no later than June 7th, 2022. Please check the website regularly for any updates.
Click here for the link to the most updated Broward County Emergency order: Broward County Emergency Order.
All attendees to the 2022 First There, First Care – Gathering of Eagles Conference must acknowledge that they will adhere to all COVID safety precautions and requirements as set forth by the State of Florida, Broward County, and the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. Please be aware that these precautions may be modified as the dates draw closer. First There First Care/Gathering of Eagles personnel will be available on-site to answer any questions or provide additional clarification.
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the CDC or your local health authority.
- Adhere to government-issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be traveling to and the region you are traveling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the meeting/event organizers if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
- Bring proper.
- Documentation for admission.
On-site During the Event:
Follow guidance from your local health authority for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Agree to have your temperature taken before entering the meeting/event venue.
- Agree to complete a health screening upon entrance to the conference.
- Agree to wear a mask or facial covering. Masks are required to be worn in all meeting spaces.
- Adhere to social distance protocols put in place by the event organizers and respect others’ personal space.
- In the event you should feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms, please notify any conference staff or conference registration desk.
Based on current contact tracing advice from many health authorities, if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home, please contact the meeting/event organizers to advise them.
By registering for this conference, you agree to follow all COVID-19 policies, safety guidelines, and code of conduct provided to you above.